Alu-Clad Curtain Walls
Timber Curtain Walls are an exceptionally appealing way to use glass in modern architecture. The use of wood-alum systems and large glass panes allow for the creation of amazing design features that will bring light and the feeling of space to rooms of all shapes and sizes.
Contemporary curtain walls focus on smaller frames with more glass. This allows for lower energy ratings. Our German-built curtain wall system can achieve a U value as low as 0.76 W/m²K. Any type of window (both tilt & turn and casement), entrance door and sliding doors can integrate beautifully with this system, creating an exclusive, modern and energy-saving solution.
Available in a several wood types internally and any RAL colour for outside aluminium cladding, our curtain walls offer a robust, concealed fasting system to bear almost any structural load. Furthermore, the large glass units and innovative thermal system mean that our curtain walls comply with the stringent requirements of the Passivhaus standard.
- Material: Manufactured in selected engineered laminated pine or hardwood, sourced from sustainable and managed forestry (FSC certified)
- Weatherseal: Curtain wall system is fully weather sealed and tested to EN standards.
- Glass: The system is pressure plate fixed and can take dual or triple sealed units up to 64mm thickness.
- Thermal Performance: Uw-value down to 0.63 W/m2K depending on the frame combination and the glass thickness.
- Aluminium capping: External aluminium caps are available in full RAL colour range, provides weather resistance and easy maintenance. Hardwood caps are also an option.
- Factory Finishing: To ensure the smooth operation and optimum performance of the window, we apply 3 coats of sprayed applied microporous water based paint system.