Alu-Clad Passivhaus Windows
The Passivhaus building standard represents true energy efficiency, comfort and affordability, a tried and tested construction concept that can be applied by anyone, anywhere.
Developed specifically for the growing UK Passivhaus market, we’re proud to present these cost-effective Alu-Clad Passivhaus Windows, engineered from aluminium clad timber.
These windows combine all the natural style of timber internally with the practical ease of maintenance of external aluminium cladding. Side-hinged, they offer a choice of inward opening styles – either tilt only or tilt and turn.
With first-rate performance for air and water tightness, this window system is certified and compliant with the German Passivhaus Institute standards.
To maximise solar gains these triple glazed windows can be created in sizes up to 3 metres high; and we offer a choice of four glass types, hardwood or softwood frames and RAL colours.
- Frame: 86 x 108 mm – Standard. Manufactured using mortise and tenon joints, glued and mechanically fixed.
- Sash: 78 x 92 mm – Standard.
- Sill Projection: 50 mm, 70 mm, 90 mm, 110 mm, 130 mm, 150 mm, 225 mm, 300 mm, 360 mm
- Wood moisture content: 12-19%
- Glazing beads: Internally Beaded
- Material: Engineered redwood – Standard. Also we can produce from oak, Siberian larch, meranti wood.
- Internal Finish: Three coat spray applied factory finish using water based micro-porous paint / stain.
- External Finish: Polyester Powder coating.
- Colour: White – RAL 9016 – Standard. Any RAL – from RAL classic range. Stain – from TRC stain range.
- Glazing: Triple glazed 4 Low-E /18/4/18/4 Low-E – Standard.
- U-value: 0.8 W/m²K.
- Perimeter spacer bars: White warm edge perimeter spacer with white warm edge integral spacers – Standard. Silver and Black spacer optional.