Traditional Spring Sash Windows
Spring sash windows offer a cost-effective alternative to traditional box sash designs. They deliver classic style, but incorporate a simpler, more compact and modern spring balance mechanism in place of weights and pulleys.
In other respects, spring balanced sash windows display all the benefits of our traditional timber sashes, with unrivalled quality, design and engineering.
Double-glazed as standard, they are available with safety glass, obscured glass, acoustic glass or solar control glass. Triple glazing is also available for larger contracts. Twin gasketing ensures reliable weather containment.
These spring sash windows are well chosen for mid-range new developments, as well as replacing classic windows on non-listed buildings.
(For historic and listed buildings, we recommend you browse our heritage windows and doors.)
- Frame: 55 x 160 mm (lining width x frame depth), manufactured using mortise and tenon joints, glued and mechanically fixed.
- Sash: 39 x 55 mm top rail and stiles, 90 x 55 mm bottom rail, 45 x 55 mm meeting rail.
- Mullion / Transom: 110 mm wide (70 mm for triple sash with fixed outer sash).
- Sill Projection: 35 mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm
- Staff / parting beads: Timber
- Wood moisture content: 12-19 %
- Glazing beads: Internally beaded.
- Material: Frame+Sashes Engineered redwood, Bottom Cill in Solid Hardwood – Standard. Engineered hardwood, Accoya, European oak.
- Finish: Three coat spray applied factory finish using water based micro-porous paint/ stain.
- Colour: White – RAL 9016 – Standard. Any RAL – from RAL classic range. Stain – from TRC stain range.
- Glazing: Double glazed, 4/16/4 Low-E top sash – 4toughened/16/4 toughened bottom sash – Standard, Ug-value: 1.1 W/m²K; g-value: 0.52;
- U-value: 1.5 W/m²K – double glazed.
- Perimeter spacer bars: White warm edge perimeter spacer with white warm edge integral spacers – Standard. Silver and Black spacer optional.
- Frame profile moulding: Ovolo 1, Ovolo 2, Lambs Tongue 1, Lambs Tongue 2.
- Trickle ventilation: Concealed through frame head trickle ventilator. EA 1700, 4400, 5000 mm²
- Child restrictor: Angel lock standard. Traditional Sash Stop optional.